FOOD SAFETY TRAINING
- August 23, 2017
- Posted by: Numero Uno Training & Consultancy
- Category: Training & Developments
Food safety is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness.it includes a number of routines that should be followed to avoid potential health hazards.
Safe food handling includes safe procedures for each process such as receiving, re-packing, food storage, preparation and cooking, cooling and re-heating, displaying products, handling products when serving customers, packaging, cleaning and sanitizing, pest control, transport and delivery. Also covers potential causes of cross contamination this all things done for food safety and to make safe customer.
The food industry is jeopardizing U.S. public health by withholding information from food safety investigators or pressuring regulators to withdraw or alter policy designed to protect consumers.
Our daily bases Food which we are eating from outdoor can transmit disease from person to person as well as serve as a growth medium for bacteria that can cause food poisoning in our body. In high developed countries there are intricate standards for food preparation, whereas in lesser developed countries the main issue is simply the availability of adequate safe water, which is usually a critical item for people.
Food poisoning is 100% preventable, the five key principles of food hygiene, according to WHO, are:
- Cook foods for the appropriate length of time and at the appropriate temperature to kill pathogens.
- Prevent contaminating food with pathogens spreading from people, pets, and pests.
- Separate raw and cooked foods to prevent contaminating the cooked foods.
- Do use safe water and safe good quality raw materials for cooking.
- Store food at the proper temperature.
As per response to consumer demand, perishable foods are typically labelled with a Sell by date. It is up to the consumer to decide how long after the Sell by date a package is usable. Other common dating statements are best if used by, Use-by date, Expiration date, guaranteed fresh and Pack date.